- 1Conspicuously inscribe or display (a design) on something: T-shirts emblazoned with the names of baseball teams
- 1.1Depict (a heraldic device): the cardinal’s coat of arms is emblazoned on the door panelMore example sentences
display, depict, show
- Devices were emblazoned on coaches, and also in the home.
- Large numbers of standards, banners, streamers, and other heraldic devices emblazoned with Spanish and English regalia were commissioned for the occasion, and the public celebrations were lavish and a spectacular success.
- The Archipelago's coat of arms was emblazoned upon the main entrance below a legend which read ‘Welcome to Skybury.’
- More example sentences
- This is shown by its serving the hierarchies of many disparate cultures in their heraldry, emblazonments, and their signals of rank and allegiance.
- It occurs to me that I never shared with the group the new emblazonment of my arms that I completed.
- He was known for his heraldic painting, more especially for his emblazonment of the lord mayor's state-coach.