Definition of emblazon in English:
1Conspicuously inscribe or display (a design) on something: T-shirts emblazoned with the names of baseball teams
1.1Depict (a heraldic device): the cardinal’s coat of arms is emblazoned on the door panel
More example sentences
- Devices were emblazoned on coaches, and also in the home.
- Large numbers of standards, banners, streamers, and other heraldic devices emblazoned with Spanish and English regalia were commissioned for the occasion, and the public celebrations were lavish and a spectacular success.
- The Archipelago's coat of arms was emblazoned upon the main entrance below a legend which read ‘Welcome to Skybury.’
display, depict, show
- Example sentences
- This is shown by its serving the hierarchies of many disparate cultures in their heraldry, emblazonments, and their signals of rank and allegiance.
- It occurs to me that I never shared with the group the new emblazonment of my arms that I completed.
- He was known for his heraldic painting, more especially for his emblazonment of the lord mayor's state-coach.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India