Definition of embryonic in English:
adjective(also embryonal /ˈembrēənəl/)
1Of or relating to an embryo.
- And that's what the opponents of embryonic stem cell research have pounced upon.
- The company thus avoids using embryonic stem cells, still objects of controversy.
- If so, it would not be necessary to use the ethically more problematic embryonic stem cells.
2(Of a system, idea, or organization) in a rudimentary stage with potential for further development: the plan is still in its embryonic stages
More example sentences
- I think this game has come too early for a unit in the embryonic stages of its development.
- The diocese continues to insist that there never was a plan to remove the screen and says it was only one embryonic idea among others.
- Hamilton's embryonic ideas seemed to bear the taint of eugenics.
- Example sentences
- She had wept, curling embryonically under the duvet, hoping it would cover the nakedness of her flesh and her pain.
- The whole point of such a search rests on the assumption that evolution will inevitably tease out the potential for intelligence already lurking, however embryonically, in the prebiotic chemical soup of other life-bearing planets.
- Because legs develop embryonically and wings develop late in larval life in Tribolium, we have focused on assessing the role of Drosophila appendage allocation genes in leg development rather than wing development.
Words that rhyme with embryonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan