Definition of emersion in English:
1The process or state of emerging from or being out of water after being submerged.
- Organisms that live higher on the shore experience larger daily and seasonal fluctuations in microhabitat conditions, due to their greater exposure to terrestrial conditions during emersion.
- Presumably, the increased chaperone need is induced by exaggerated gill protein denaturation in response to elevated body temperatures during emersion.
- The restructuring of the membrane bilayer, which may occur during the tidal cycle, if body temperature fluctuates widely during emersion and immersion, represents a second energetic cost to intertidal species.
1.1 Astronomy The reappearance of a celestial body after its eclipse or occultation.
- The spectacular reappearance of the planet - emersion - should be plainly visible to the unaided eye.
- Such terminology may also be used for eclipses and occultations, along with their synonyms immersion and emersion.
- So at 3.45pm BST, we decided to pack up and go to our respective homes in order to observe the emersion of Venus if we could.
Definition of emersion in:
- British & World English dictionary