- She loves the fact that there is an intensity about holidays that can spark strong emotions.
- It allows you to have strong emotions and opinions without any real risk to yourself.
- There has been an attempt to defuse aggressive emotions and any desire for revenge.
- The path down is usually the feminine journey, which brings us to emotion, instinct and intuition.
- Life today is guided not by logic and reason but rather by emotion, fear and sentimentality.
- Since Plato, many philosophers have sought to make a sharp distinction between reason and emotion.
mid 16th century (denoting a public disturbance or commotion): from French émotion, from émouvoir 'excite', based on Latin emovere, from e- (variant of ex-) 'out' + movere 'move'. The sense 'mental agitation' dates from the mid 17th century, the current general sense from the early 19th century.