- Calories derived from food containing no nutrients.More example sentences
- The dietitian discourages eating ‘junk food’ or empty calories because the total daily caloric intake may not exceed 800 kcals.
- While alcohol is a drug, it also provides calories - empty calories that are not used for energy in the same way as carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Cruz lost more than 100 pounds reinventing his favorite foods, cutting empty calories but keeping all the flavor.
More definitions of empty caloriesDefinition of empty calories in:
- The British & World English dictionary