- 1A substance that stabilizes an emulsion, in particular a food additive used to stabilize processed foods.More example sentences
- Processed foods, such as junk foods and fast foods, contain synthetic additives - preservatives, emulsifiers, thickeners, stabilizers and flavor-enhancers.
- In the food industry, fatty acids are used as emulsifiers, stabilizers, lubricants, and defoamers.
- An example of an anionic emulsifier is stearic acid.
More definitions of emulsifierDefinition of emulsifier in:
- The British & World English dictionary