- An outgrowth from the surface of a leaf or other part of a plant.More example sentences
- The erect portion of the stem bears paired enations, outgrowths which look like miniature leaves, but unlike true leaves, the enations have no vascular tissue.
- The current hypothesis for the origin of microphylls is called the enation theory, based on the idea that microphylls evolved through the vascularization of enations on the plant.
- They probably developed leaves both by enations and by planation of a branching system.
mid 19th century: from Latin enatio(n-), from enasci 'issue forth'.
More definitions of enationDefinition of enation in:
- The British & World English dictionary