(also dated incase)
Definition of encase in English:
Enclose or cover in a case or close-fitting surround.
- It dove down and surrounded the dark energy encasing the young girl.
- I closed my eyes, unable to move, unable to speak, the very heat and darkness surrounding and encasing me.
- Isabella walked towards the elegant instrument and lifted the heavy wooden cover encasing the keys.
- Example sentences
- A plastic sleeve encasement surrounded the actual product and the subsequent instructions for its use.
- Fences, walls, and other protective encasements can easily be constructed.
- One of the EU's main arguments for the closure of the old reactors was the lack of a protective encasement around them.
Words that rhyme with encaseabase, ace, apace, backspace, base, bass, brace, case, chase, dace, efface, embrace, enchase, enlace, face, grace, interlace, interspace, in-your-face, lace, mace, misplace, outface, outpace, pace, place, plaice, race, space, Thrace, trace, upper case
Definition of encase in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.