(also dated incase)
Definition of encase in English:
Enclose or cover in a case or close-fitting surround.
- It dove down and surrounded the dark energy encasing the young girl.
- I closed my eyes, unable to move, unable to speak, the very heat and darkness surrounding and encasing me.
- Isabella walked towards the elegant instrument and lifted the heavy wooden cover encasing the keys.
- Example sentences
- A plastic sleeve encasement surrounded the actual product and the subsequent instructions for its use.
- Fences, walls, and other protective encasements can easily be constructed.
- One of the EU's main arguments for the closure of the old reactors was the lack of a protective encasement around them.
Definition of encase in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan