- A form of encephalitis caused by a virus and characterized by headache and drowsiness leading to coma. Also called sleeping sickness.More example sentences
- It tracks the research of two medical teams into the cause of encephalitis lethargica, a strange neurological condition causing coma and catatonia, of which there was a pandemic between 1917 and 1928.
- We all know that memory may be obliterated by an injury to the brain, that a virtuous person may be rendered vicious by encephalitis lethargica, and that a clever child can be turned into an idiot by lack of iodine.
- As a young man Milne had suffered from encephalitis lethargica.
More definitions of encephalitis lethargicaDefinition of encephalitis lethargica in:
- The British & World English dictionary