(also chiefly British encyclopaedist)
- A person who writes, edits, or contributes to an encyclopedia.More example sentences
- The subject also attracted numerous cosmographers, geographers, encyclopedists and writers of belle letters.
- The same argument was taken up again by the encyclopedist Denis Diderot in 1763, after he was commissioned by the Paris Book Guild to write a Letter on the Book Trade.
- He was one of those encyclopedists who seemed to excel at everything: He studied medicine, chemistry, natural history, and geology, and he was the first to recognize the volcanic nature of the Auvergne area.
More definitions of encyclopedistDefinition of encyclopedist in:
- The British & World English dictionary