Definition of endearing in English:
Inspiring love or affection: an endearing little grin
More example sentences
- No one except the Lord spoke to him like that with such an endearing term of undying affection.
- Evans has a way of combining generous understatement with a big grin that is very endearing.
- I often attributed his popularity to his lovely, large, endearing eyes and his tinkle of a laugh.
- Example sentences
- Again, it has produced an endearingly peculiar failure.
- He is endearingly open about his insecurities.
- He speaks loudly, and endearingly frankly, and occasionally steals a surreptitious glance over his shoulder to make sure the room is indeed empty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan