Definition of endless in English:
1Having or seeming to have no end or limit: endless ocean wastes the list is endless
More example sentences
- Instead of spending our time on crafting quality content, we waste it with endless bickering.
- This endless commuting could be wasting your children's precious time with you, as much as yours with them.
- I leaned across the white metal railing and stared out into the endless blue green ocean.
1.1Countless; innumerable: we smoked endless cigarettes
More example sentences
- It has stared at us from countless front pages and endless news bulletins.
- Every day doesn't have to be an endless stream of cigarettes and magazines.
- There were a multitude of stalls and an endless number of tractors on display.
countless, innumerable, untold, legion, numberless, unnumbered, numerous, very many, manifold, multitudinous, multifarious;
a great number of, infinite numbers of, a multitude of
informal umpteen, no end of, loads of, stacks of, heaps of, masses of, oodles of, scads of, zillions of, gazillions of, bajillions of
literary myriad, divers
1.2(Of a belt, chain, or tape) having the ends joined to form a loop allowing continuous action.
- Shaking his head, the medic turned his attention to the next link in an endless chain.
- An endless belt ran out from the bottom of the pile and into the boat for loading.
- A Flemish string can be twisted far more than an endless loop type.
unlimited, limitless, infinite, inexhaustible, boundless, unbounded, untold, immeasurable, measureless, incalculable;
abundant, abounding, great;
bottomless, ceaseless, unceasing, unending, without end, everlasting, constant, continuous, continual, interminable, unfading, unfailing, perpetual, eternal, enduring, lasting
- Example sentences
- However, there is real frustration with the seeming endlessness of the process.
- The nine large oil paintings and six smaller studies in ink on paper interpret the fear and fascination that endlessness has held for famous writers and mathematicians.
- They had talked into the endlessness of the night.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia