- Of, relating to, or denoting glands that secrete hormones or other products directly into the blood: the endocrine systemMore example sentences
- Some are hormones, secreted by endocrine glands, and circulating in the blood, which leave through capillary walls to gain access to tissue fluids around their target cells.
- The foundations of the endocrine system are the hormones and glands.
- In addition, hormones from endocrine glands enter and leave the vascular system through regionally specialized capillaries.
early 20th century: from endo- 'within' + Greek krinein 'sift'.
More definitions of endocrineDefinition of endocrine in:
- The British & World English dictionary