Definition of endometrium in English:
The mucous membrane lining the uterus, which thickens during the menstrual cycle in preparation for possible implantation of an embryo.
- So the uterus prepares itself for an embryo, with an endometrium about 5 mm thick and well supplied with blood.
- Just like the normal endometrium, endometrial cells need the hormone oestrogen to survive and grow.
- It is vital to get your periods at regular intervals, otherwise it can result in a thickened endometrium.
- Example sentences
- Heat is used to remove the endometrial lining of the uterus, which is the main source of excessive menstrual bleeding.
- For instance, women with this are also at risk of endometrial and ovarian cancers.
- It is defined as the removal or destruction of the endometrial lining of the uterus.
Definition of endometrium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan