Definition of endoparasite in English:
A parasite, such as a tapeworm, that lives inside its host. Compare with ectoparasite.
- All of the 5000 or so known species of tapeworms are endoparasites.
- She confirmed that endoparasites and ectoparasites also attack and reduce sheep production.
- However, they are endoparasites, spending most of their lives inside the roots.
- Example sentences
- It embraces some 300 described members which are exclusively endoparasitic to insects and other organisms.
- The only indication of endoparasitic infection in the present study was the eggs of an unknown species recovered from the intestinal tract.
- Another factor inhibiting the finch is a high level of infection by an endoparasitic mite which affects its respiratory system.
Definition of endoparasite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan