(also dated indorsement)
Definition of endorsement in English:
1An act of giving one’s public approval or support to someone or something.
- When Litan asks consumers that question, she finds that banks get the highest endorsement, with support from 47% of the public.
- Search engines interpret links to your site as an indicator of public endorsement.
- ‘I think they're seeking approval, endorsement and even promotion of their lifestyle,’ said the Reverend.
2A clause in an insurance policy detailing an exemption from or change in coverage.
- Request additional insured endorsements and certificates of insurance from all independent contractors who conduct programs in your name, or come on your premises.
- Often these changes are done through endorsements to the insurance contract.
- This endorsement extends the liability insurance in your business automobile policy to individual employees who rent a vehicle in their own names while on your business.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan