Definition of endospore in English:
1A resistant asexual spore that develops inside some bacteria cells.
- The use of physical or chemical means to destroy all microbial life including highly resistant bacterial endospores.
- We have directly visualized high-resolution native structures of bacterial endospores, including the exosporium and spore coats of four Bacillus species in air and water environments.
- Only a few genera of bacteria such as Bacillus and Clostridium are capable of forming endospores.
1.1The inner layer of the membrane or wall of some spores and pollen grains.
- It is released from the outer cell wall of endospores at sporulation.
- Free endospores can be confused with small yeast forms.
Definition of endospore in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.