- The rally will be a real test of endurance, stamina and navigational skills.
- For a man like him, Antarctica represents the ultimate endurance test.
- A Swindon doctor and marathon runner looks set to finish the ultimate endurance test in the Sahara Desert.
- The commonly traveled path to improved cardiovascular function and increased muscular endurance is continuous, submaximal, steady state training.
- And to the greatest race of all time, were the endurance of the machine is as important as the skill of the driver.
- We're still improving a lot but we have a long way to go with the endurance of the tyre.
Late 15th century (in the sense 'continued existence, ability to last'; formerly also as indurance): from Old French, from endurer 'make hard' (see endure).
Words that rhyme with enduranceassurance, durance, insurance
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.