Definition of enduring in English:
Continuing or long-lasting: he formed a number of enduring relationships with women an enduring problem
More example sentences
- Even if her previous style may prove more enduring, these raw paintings will find many enthusiasts.
- Even with today's high divorce rates, marital relationships are also more enduring, which makes our investment in them all the wiser.
- There clearly are some issues that cannot be adequately covered by the enduring power of attorney legislation currently provided in law.
- Example sentences
- More importantly, and enduringly, perhaps, her stories and novels occupy a special place in the hearts of many readers across the globe.
- Few films, however, have proved as enduring or as enduringly cherished as these four classic tales.
- Critically lauded and enduringly popular, this reconfiguration of Romeo and Juliet among the street gangs of New York was one of the biggest musical blockbusters in Hollywood history.
Pronunciation: /inˈd(y)o͝oriNGlē/ /enˈd(y)o͝oriNGlē/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.