Definition of enduring in English:
Continuing or long-lasting: he formed a number of enduring relationships with women an enduring problem
More example sentences
- There clearly are some issues that cannot be adequately covered by the enduring power of attorney legislation currently provided in law.
- In a small proportion of cases the illness may take a chronic course over many years with a transition into an enduring personality disorder.
- Well I think there's no doubt now it has an enduring impact upon children.
- Example sentences
- It remains one of the longest-running and most enduringly popular programs ever created.
- Earlier we said that enduringly successful leaders need the support of a capable, committed, enthusiastic workforce.
- Critically lauded and enduringly popular, this reconfiguration of Romeo and Juliet among the street gangs of New York was one of the biggest musical blockbusters in Hollywood history.
Pronunciation: /inˈd(y)o͝oriNGlē/ /enˈd(y)o͝oriNGlē/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.