Definition of energetics in English:
1The properties of something in terms of energy.
- In this section, we describe the energetics involved in ion conduction.
- This is clearly written, bringing in aspects of molecular-scale structure and function of components and energetics, set in the global context; it would serve as a good reference for students.
- But the earthquake itself - the rupture process, the energetics and the regional stress balance - do not have an equation.
2 [treated as singular] The branch of science dealing with the properties of energy and the way in which it is redistributed in physical, chemical, or biological processes.
- The leading theories of adhesion include the diffusion, electrostatic, surface energetics, and mechanical theories.
- Major research projects in the energetics and environmental medicine, and the injury sciences areas produce health risk criteria and health risk assessment methods for the this program.
- The experimental results confirm some aspects of conventional wisdom relating to dynamics and energetics, but reject others.
- Example sentences
- In addition, he made some major mistakes, he was an energeticist who opposed the concept of atomic structure, and took energy and thermodynamics as fundamental.
- He was an Energeticist, meaning that he thought energy was the most basic entity in nature, more basic than matter.
Definition of energetics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan