1The properties of something in terms of energy.
- In this section, we describe the energetics involved in ion conduction.
- This is clearly written, bringing in aspects of molecular-scale structure and function of components and energetics, set in the global context; it would serve as a good reference for students.
- But the earthquake itself - the rupture process, the energetics and the regional stress balance - do not have an equation.
2 [treated as singular] The branch of science dealing with the properties of energy and the way in which it is redistributed in physical, chemical, or biological processes.
- The leading theories of adhesion include the diffusion, electrostatic, surface energetics, and mechanical theories.
- Major research projects in the energetics and environmental medicine, and the injury sciences areas produce health risk criteria and health risk assessment methods for the this program.
- The experimental results confirm some aspects of conventional wisdom relating to dynamics and energetics, but reject others.
- Example sentences
- In addition, he made some major mistakes, he was an energeticist who opposed the concept of atomic structure, and took energy and thermodynamics as fundamental.
- He was an Energeticist, meaning that he thought energy was the most basic entity in nature, more basic than matter.
Definition of energetics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.