Definition of energize in English:
1Give vitality and enthusiasm to: people were energized by his ideas
More example sentences
- I was tired and worn out, having been teaching all day, but left her, energised and full of enthusiasm.
- It is at this place that we are energized to be more creative.
- Yes, they must excite, energise and enthuse competent individuals.
1.1Supply energy, typically kinetic or electrical energy, to (something).
- The change in current is detected and the sensor's output is energized.
- He turned when he heard the sound of electricity energizing the room.
- It corresponds directly to the contact pattern energizing the radiation.
- Example sentences
- This idea is a comforting one, and also an energizer and a stimulus to personal growth.
- ‘Schools must be energisers, producing innovative and workable facilities which strengthen the community in which they are founded.’
- This isn't to say, however, that we should not be celebrating our brightest and best, our innovators, energisers and inspirers in the fields of arts, science, business and beyond.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.