- The decoration of metal or ceramic objects with regular engraved patterns using a lathe.More example sentences
- The leopardskin borders are created of translucent enamel over engine turning in imitation of moire silk.
- Perhaps the most fascinating of the decorative arts is engine turning, a centuries-old craft.
- Because Engine Turning is such a labor-intensive process, it came to be associated with high quality luxury items.
- More example sentences
- An example of inlaid engine-turned decoration is the shallow black-and-white checked or diced pattern seen on a quart mug from about 1800.
- With an engine-turned design and a rectangular frame suitable for engraving, this sterling silver card case makes a tasteful executive gift.
- New from this company comes this engine-turned adjustable watch band that will fit most any watch.
More definitions of engine turningDefinition of engine turning in:
- The British & World English dictionary