Definition of englacial in English:
Situated, occurring, or formed inside a glacier.
- Many of these have been interpreted as the product of englacial thrusting in ice that has undergone strong longitudinal compression, especially at the thermal boundary between warm and cold ice.
- Over three field seasons (2001-2003) we examined the physical and hydraulic characteristics of englacial water flow.
- Since this englacial rock has suffered little wear since falling on the ice, it is likely to consist in part of large and only moderately rounded boulders.
- Example sentences
- Until recently, research had discounted that any significant amount of water flows englacially.
Definition of englacial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan