- Situated, occurring, or formed inside a glacier.More example sentences
- Many of these have been interpreted as the product of englacial thrusting in ice that has undergone strong longitudinal compression, especially at the thermal boundary between warm and cold ice.
- Over three field seasons (2001-2003) we examined the physical and hydraulic characteristics of englacial water flow.
- Since this englacial rock has suffered little wear since falling on the ice, it is likely to consist in part of large and only moderately rounded boulders.
More definitions of englacialDefinition of englacial in:
- The British & World English dictionary