Definition of englacial in English:
Situated, occurring, or formed inside a glacier.
- Many of these have been interpreted as the product of englacial thrusting in ice that has undergone strong longitudinal compression, especially at the thermal boundary between warm and cold ice.
- Over three field seasons (2001-2003) we examined the physical and hydraulic characteristics of englacial water flow.
- Since this englacial rock has suffered little wear since falling on the ice, it is likely to consist in part of large and only moderately rounded boulders.
- Example sentences
- Until recently, research had discounted that any significant amount of water flows englacially.
Definition of englacial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.