Difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious: he took the money with an enigmatic smile
More example sentences
- These people pop up mysteriously and deliver enigmatic messages before vanishing again.
- From the enigmatic Chancellor it was interpreted as the closest thing to a job application.
- Researchers hope that its experimental data will solve some of the mysteries surrounding this enigmatic body.
- Example sentences
- When asked why he left India so early in his life, just after finishing school, he merely smiles and enigmatically questions: ‘Why did so many people of my generation leave India at that time.’
- ‘A few did drop off their twig,’ he replies enigmatically, when asked about suggestions that he has killed as many as 19 people.
- ‘They are on their way home,’ our guide says, enigmatically.
Words that rhyme with enigmaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.