verb[with object] • literary
- Entwine or entangle: a web of green enlaced the thorn treesMore example sentences
- Tonight, Raven wore a silky red blouse with a high neck secured with gold buttons and enlaced with gold trimming.
- There, a waterfall gurgled and bubbled happily down to a rushing stream, seemingly enlaced with bits of gold, that in turn flowed around bends all the way out of the cave.
- Nicole pulled out a purple dress enlaced with pearls on the hem and neckline.
Middle English: from Old French enlacier, based on Latin laqueus 'noose'.
More definitions of enlaceDefinition of enlace in:
- The British & World English dictionary