Definition of enlightened in English:
1Having or showing a rational, modern, and well-informed outlook: the more enlightened employers offer better terms
More example sentences
- With his reputation as an enlightened, well-informed senior High Court judge, Lord Bonomy is unafraid to take on the government of the day.
- If Bradford is serious about being seen as a modern city with enlightened views, a good animal welfare programme is crucial.
- As I say, the move is entirely legal and might even be described as enlightened and rational.
- The film's artistic power lies in its appeal for enlightened, loving and spiritually satisfying relationships between human beings.
- Only spiritually enlightened Hindus can stand between this faith and its degradation.
- Her current incarnation, that of spiritually enlightened mother and wife, is just the latest of many.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan