Definition of enlightened in English:
1Having or showing a rational, modern, and well-informed outlook: the more enlightened employers offer better terms
More example sentences
- With his reputation as an enlightened, well-informed senior High Court judge, Lord Bonomy is unafraid to take on the government of the day.
- If Bradford is serious about being seen as a modern city with enlightened views, a good animal welfare programme is crucial.
- As I say, the move is entirely legal and might even be described as enlightened and rational.
- The film's artistic power lies in its appeal for enlightened, loving and spiritually satisfying relationships between human beings.
- Only spiritually enlightened Hindus can stand between this faith and its degradation.
- Her current incarnation, that of spiritually enlightened mother and wife, is just the latest of many.