Another term for inquire.
More example sentences
- Even when going about their business, Ugandans will take the time to stop and greet people properly, inquiring after their health and their family - a far cry from the Western culture of ‘no time to chat’.
- But a month later, a letter from the same Stepping Hill unit arrived at her home in Bramhall asking why she missed a date at Manchester Royal Infirmary and inquiring if there was ‘a difficulty’.
- This was overlooked by the Greeks who started inquiring into the reasons for the ‘dignified postures’ of Egyptian statues (already Plato commented on this).
- More example sentences
- Alas, this didn't work, and concern grew as my enquirer's questions became more inquisitive and her manner increasingly flirtatious.
- Please could any enquirers contact either Mr Harrison or Mr Breese at the auctioneers offices in the first instance.
- The enquirer on the other end of the line was being assured that the place was easily accessible.