Another term for inquire.
More example sentences
- Even when going about their business, Ugandans will take the time to stop and greet people properly, inquiring after their health and their family - a far cry from the Western culture of ‘no time to chat’.
- But a month later, a letter from the same Stepping Hill unit arrived at her home in Bramhall asking why she missed a date at Manchester Royal Infirmary and inquiring if there was ‘a difficulty’.
- This was overlooked by the Greeks who started inquiring into the reasons for the ‘dignified postures’ of Egyptian statues (already Plato commented on this).
Middle English enquere, from Old French enquerre, based on Latin inquirere (based on quaerere 'seek').
- More example sentences
- Alas, this didn't work, and concern grew as my enquirer's questions became more inquisitive and her manner increasingly flirtatious.
- Please could any enquirers contact either Mr Harrison or Mr Breese at the auctioneers offices in the first instance.
- The enquirer on the other end of the line was being assured that the place was easily accessible.