Catch in or as in a trap: they were ensnared in downtown traffic
More example sentences
- One way or another, sooner or later, consumers and producers will escape the sugar trap that ensnares them both.
- A nun was ensnared in a trap set by secret agents who tortured her.
- With so many traps waiting to ensnare the unwary we shouldn't be surprised that more and more of us are resorting to gifts that are less likely to betray our vulnerable cores.
- More example sentences
- Post-war, in the wake of the decline of British economic power and its change of direction towards the Common Market, Australia turned towards what has been described as an ensnarement of the United States.
- I realise that it is no release of desire, but merely the ensnarement of it within an illusion.
- But such an avidity is certainly directed away from the self, to the concerns, foibles, ensnarements, and adventures presented from the outside.