- A translucent crystalline mineral of varying colors that occurs in some igneous rocks and stony meteorites. It consists of magnesium silicate and is a member of the pyroxene group.More example sentences
- Some of the characteristic minerals found in kimberlite are olivine, pyrope garnet, enstatite, diopside, ilmenite, phlogopite, perovskite, magnetite, and spinel.
- Other associated minerals include olivine (commonly altered to serpentine), phlogopite, enstatite, and many other trace accessory minerals.
- The Herbeira websterites contain diopside, enstatite, and pargasite with olivine, garnet, spinel, magnetite and ilmenite as minor phases.
mid 19th century: from Greek enstatēs 'adversary' (because of its refractory nature) + -ite1.
More definitions of enstatiteDefinition of enstatite in:
- The British & World English dictionary