- A toxin produced in or affecting the intestines, such as those causing food poisoning or cholera.More example sentences
- Secretory diarrhoea is a common disorder in developing countries, where pathogens that produce enterotoxin such as enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli are endemic.
- It has been demonstrated that this pathogen produces different enterotoxins and different strains may cause disease by different mechanisms.
- Watery secretory diarrhea is a sign of bacterial enterotoxins and viruses.
More definitions of enterotoxinDefinition of enterotoxin in:
- The British & World English dictionary