Definition of entomology in English:
The branch of zoology concerned with the study of insects.
- A large team can now be involved in investigations and she can draw on the expertise of many forensic specialists in anthropology, dentistry and even entomology (the study of insects).
- The book also describes different areas of scientific study, including entomology (the study of insects).
- Forensic entomology, the study of the insects associated with human corpses, is used to establish the elapsed time since death in murder cases.
- Example sentences
- The debate about the significance of insect flatulence has been waged for over three-quarters of a century not in obscure special interest entomological journals but rather in the premier scientific journals of our era.
- However impressive 13 authors may be among entomological papers, it barely qualifies as a multi-author paper compared with the competition.
- I'm often invited to give public lectures on entomological topics and, always anxious to do my part for science literacy, I rarely refuse such invitations.
Words that rhyme with entomologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of entomology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan