Definition of entomophagy in English:
The practice of eating insects, especially by people.
- He says entomophagy is a more environmentally friendly practice.
- To be sure, many Eastern and African cultures practice entomophagy - some bugs are even considered delicacies - but for the most part, creepy crawlies are off the dinner plate.
- Older students are learning about entomophagy too.
- Example sentences
- And while the cleanliness of bugs may seem to be an issue for some prospective entomophagists, palatable arthropods like crab and lobster live off debris and waste at the bottom of the ocean - most edible bugs munch only on plants.
Definition of entomophagy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan