- (Of a plant or flower) pollinated by insects.More example sentences
- Two forms of pollen viability are apparent in entomophilous species.
- Thus, the aim of this paper is to describe, for the first time, the secretion and chemical composition of nectar in a presumed entomophilous species of Maxillaria and to compare this with data previously obtained for M. coccinea.
- It has been described as a predominantly entomophilous species.
More definitions of entomophilousDefinition of entomophilous in:
- The British & World English dictionary