Definition of entrée in English:
1chiefly North American The main course of a meal.
- The meals include an entrée, soup, salad, sandwich and dessert for a cost of $6.
- The next course is a ‘Menu Planner’ that's built around five easy-to-follow steps: Search for a meal, choose an entrée, add extras, get your menu, and make a shopping list.
- Fortunately, the entrées were the real highlights of the meal.
main course, main dish
1.1British A dish served between the fish and meat courses at a formal dinner.
- We started, as usual, with a mixed entrée including spring rolls, Thai fish cakes, money bags and curry puffs.
- This salad serves two entrée size portions or one good main course size portion.
- At this fairly expensive restaurant, all was well - we'd experienced a fantastic entrée, the wine was perfect - until my main course of sea bass arrived on a plate which had brightly painted fish all around the edge.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan