Definition of entrée in English:
1chiefly North American The main course of a meal.
- The meals include an entrée, soup, salad, sandwich and dessert for a cost of $6.
- The next course is a ‘Menu Planner’ that's built around five easy-to-follow steps: Search for a meal, choose an entrée, add extras, get your menu, and make a shopping list.
- Fortunately, the entrées were the real highlights of the meal.
main course, main dish
1.1British A dish served between the fish and meat courses at a formal dinner.
- We started, as usual, with a mixed entrée including spring rolls, Thai fish cakes, money bags and curry puffs.
- This salad serves two entrée size portions or one good main course size portion.
- At this fairly expensive restaurant, all was well - we'd experienced a fantastic entrée, the wine was perfect - until my main course of sea bass arrived on a plate which had brightly painted fish all around the edge.
Words that rhyme with entréeAndré • osprey
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.