- A boned steak cut off the sirloin.More example sentences
- The other cut used for steaks is the entrecôte (literally, ‘between the ribs’).
- Over the course of a week, I sampled chopped reindeer, reindeer cutlets, reindeer entrecôte, reindeer with egg, reindeer without egg, reindeer sausage, and reindeer Stroganoff - all of it similarly gray and stringy.
- On inspection it is probably a fore rib or classic French entrecôte, but the kitchen failing to notice this difference, or worse, to fob us off with an inferior cut, simply won't do.
French, from entre 'between' + côte 'rib'.
More definitions of entrecôteDefinition of entrecôte in:
- The British & World English dictionary