- The meals include an entrée, soup, salad, sandwich and dessert for a cost of $6.
- The next course is a ‘Menu Planner’ that's built around five easy-to-follow steps: Search for a meal, choose an entrée, add extras, get your menu, and make a shopping list.
- Fortunately, the entrées were the real highlights of the meal.
- We started, as usual, with a mixed entrée including spring rolls, Thai fish cakes, money bags and curry puffs.
- This salad serves two entrée size portions or one good main course size portion.
- At this fairly expensive restaurant, all was well - we'd experienced a fantastic entrée, the wine was perfect - until my main course of sea bass arrived on a plate which had brightly painted fish all around the edge.
- University provides Benjamin an entrée to a whole new way of life.
- The facilities don't have to be as large, although some countries have chosen to use the Commonwealth Games and staging the Commonwealth Games as an entrée to bigger events.
- That initial contact gave her entrée into other university offerings.
Early 18th century (denoting a piece of instrumental music forming the first part of a suite): French, feminine past participle of entrer 'enter' (see entry).
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.