Definition of entrepreneur in English:
1A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.
- The British Library has a range of services for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- Do you think people skills are more important than business skills for an entrepreneur?
- The entrepreneur sees a business opportunity where others notice only a rubbish site.
1.1A promoter in the entertainment industry.
- Example sentences
- This sort of arrangement not only saves the organisers of overseeing the rudimentary rigours associated with ‘spot cooking’, but also contributes to the emergence of a new segment of entrepreneurism.
- Nowhere is that better seen than in the late twentieth century, when the flexibility and intellectual entrepreneurism of the common law showed itself to be more than able to deal with the roller-coaster ride of modem life.
- Based in Glasgow, it aims to improve the commercialisation of university research, foster scientific entrepreneurism and develop new approaches to the teaching of entrepreneurship.
Early 19th century (denoting the director of a musical institution): from French, from entreprendre 'undertake' (see enterprise).
Words that rhyme with entrepreneurà deux, agent provocateur, astir, auteur, aver, bestir, blur, bon viveur, burr, Chandigarh, coiffeur, concur, confer, connoisseur, cordon-bleu, cri de cœur, cur, danseur, Darfur, defer, demur, de rigueur, deter, er, err, farceur, faute de mieux, fir, flâneur, Fleur, force majeure, fur, hauteur, her, infer, inter, jongleur, Kerr, littérateur, longueur, masseur, Monseigneur, monsieur, Montesquieu, Montreux, murre, myrrh, occur, pas de deux, Pasteur, per, pisteur, poseur, pot-au-feu, prefer, prie-dieu, pudeur, purr, raconteur, rapporteur, refer, répétiteur, restaurateur, saboteur, sabreur, seigneur, Sher, shirr, sir, skirr, slur, souteneur, spur, stir, tant mieux, transfer, Ur, vieux jeu, voyageur, voyeur, were, whirr
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.