Wind or twist together; interweave: they lay entwined in each other’s arms figurative the nations' histories were closely entwined
More example sentences
- We laid back wearily against the pillows and smiled, entwining our fingers together automatically.
- For a colorful, exotic effect, entwine two scarves together before wrapping your hair.
- He stops caressing her arm and takes hold of her hand, entwining their fingers together.
- Example sentences
- I've always set greater store by friendships than romantic entwinements and maybe this is because I've never had much experience in matters of the heart.
- It is an entwinement - each identity reinforces the other.
- The film, however, orchestrates these elements, mobilises their energies, toward a riveting affective engagement with history, desire, identity, love and their entwinement together.
Words that rhyme with entwinealign, assign, benign, brine, chine, cline, combine, condign, confine, consign, dine, divine, dyne, enshrine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, Main, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, twine, Tyne, underline, undermine, vine, whine, wine
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.