noun (plural enviros)• informal
- An environmentalist: command-and-control solutions demanded by the more radical envirosMore example sentences
- Editor's note: I believe the radical enviros actually know the facts above, and I have have had private conversations that bear out my belief.
- Enviros say their logistical plans are evolving alongside their message.
- Perhaps even more objectionable from enviros ' standpoint is the report's proposal to eliminate the independent commissions and boards that govern the regulation of California's air, water and utilities.
adjectiveBack to top
- Environmental: an enviro group that combats the committee’s advocates for Western ranching, mining, and energy interestsMore example sentences
- The NCC takes a radically different approach to environmentalism than the enviro groups you're probably more familiar with.
- At the time, the DC enviro lobby largely bit their tongues.
- The balance sheet on enviro impacts depends on fuel/power source.
More definitions of enviroDefinition of enviro in:
- The British & World English dictionary