1A person who is concerned with or advocates the protection of the environment.
More example sentences
- So how do concerned environmentalists tackle the enormous challenge of driving that switch?
- Generations of conservationists and environmentalists have reinforced these views.
- But I cannot support the extreme environmentalist positions that you present in your magazine.
- More example sentences
- Modern environmentalism differs from the conservation and preservation era in two salient respects.
- Its centre of political gravity has moved from conservative liberalism to social democracy and environmentalism.
- The story is a gentle introduction to environmentalism and encourages children to be aware of the dangers to ocean life, posed by littering.