- Of, relating to, or denoting a disease that regularly affects animals in a particular district or at a particular season. Compare with epizootic, endemic ( sense 1 of the adjective).More example sentences
- It occurs most frequently as an epizootic or enzootic disease of herbivores that acquire spores from direct contact with contaminated soil.
- For the U.S. population as a whole, no such immunization is recommended, but it may be considered in animal workers and travelers to enzootic areas who anticipate animal exposure.
- State and local agencies should identify vector species and breeding sites, and implement aggressive surveillance and targeted control early in the transmission season to restrict enzootic viral amplification.
More definitions of enzooticDefinition of enzootic in:
- The British & World English dictionary