Definition of eosinophilic in English:
1 Physiology (Of a cell or its contents) readily stained by eosin.
- These ducts were lined either by cylindrical eosinophilic cells or by clear mucinous cells.
- The nuclei were surrounded by a rim of deeply eosinophilic cytoplasm.
- There was a moderate amount of lightly eosinophilic cytoplasm, and cytoplasmic borders were ill-defined.
2 Medicine Relating to or marked by eosinophilia.
- The radiologic differential diagnosis included eosinophilic granuloma, hemangioma, and epidermoid tumor.
- The walls of digestive organs swelled and food became stalled in the stomach; both of these findings are characteristic of human eosinophilic gastrointestinal inflammation.
- In our view this provides further evidence that eosinophilic airway inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness are not causally associated.
Definition of eosinophilic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.