Definition of ephebophile in English:
An adult who is sexually attracted to adolescents.
- Abusers of teenagers, as opposed to children, are known as ephebophiles.
- Most of the abusers are technically ephebophiles—that is, they abuse adolescents rather than children.
- The more common child molesters are properly termed ephebophiles, adults who involve themselves sexually with postpubescent children.
- Example sentences
- Sexual attraction to male adolescents is technically called "ephebophilia."
- He has written widely on the topics of pedophilia and ephebophilia, or sexual interest in adolescents.
- Unlike pedophilia, ephebophilia can be effectively treated if the victimizer is open and willing to change.
Definition of ephebophile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.