Definition of ephedra in English:
An evergreen shrub of warm, arid regions that has trailing or climbing stems and tiny, scalelike leaves. Some kinds are a source of ephedrine and are used medicinally.
- Family Ephedraceae and genus Ephedra
- The vegetation is a mix of grasses, annual herbs and isolated patches of mesquite, cholla, ephedra and yucca.
- She had been taking a weight-loss product containing caffeine and the herb ephedra on-and-off for three years.
- But some featured other herbs containing ephedrine, the active ingredient in the herb ephedra.
Definition of ephedra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.