Definition of ephedra in English:
An evergreen shrub of warm, arid regions that has trailing or climbing stems and tiny, scalelike leaves. Some kinds are a source of ephedrine and are used medicinally.
- Family Ephedraceae and genus Ephedra
- The vegetation is a mix of grasses, annual herbs and isolated patches of mesquite, cholla, ephedra and yucca.
- She had been taking a weight-loss product containing caffeine and the herb ephedra on-and-off for three years.
- But some featured other herbs containing ephedrine, the active ingredient in the herb ephedra.
Words that rhyme with ephedrazebra • Porto Alegre
Definition of ephedra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia