Definition of epicondyle in English:
A protuberance above or on the condyle of a long bone, especially either of the two at the elbow end of the humerus.
- On the inner side of this is a smaller protuberance, the medial epicondyle of the humerus - the bone of the upper arm.
- On physical examination, pain is present from the tip of the medial epicondyle to the pronator teres and flexor carpi radialis muscles.
- The ulnar may pass in front of the medial epicondyle of the humerus or lie behind the condyle.
- Example sentences
- Fragmentation of the medial epicondylar apophysis was present in 50% of the pitchers but in only 12% of the nonpitchers and 6% of controls.
- It occurs in about 25% of bodies, and takes the place of the fibrous arch normally passing between the epicondylar and ulnar heads of flexor carpi ulnaris.
- The retroversion of the humerus was then measured as the angle between the collum humeri axis and the epicondylar axis.
Definition of epicondyle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan