(also epidermolysis bullosa /bəˈlōsə/)
- Loosening of the epidermis, with extensive blistering of the skin and mucous membranes, occurring either after injury, or as a spontaneous and potentially dangerous condition, particularly in children.More example sentences
- She has been attending Ormond Street Hospital since she was born because she suffers from dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa, a painful skin condition.
- What can you tell me about the skin disorder called epidermolysis bullosa simplex?
- Defects in some of these junctional complexes are associated with certain blistering diseases, such as epidermolysis bullosa, where there there is an abnormality of anchoring fibrils.
More definitions of epidermolysisDefinition of epidermolysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary