- The part of an antigen molecule to which an antibody attaches itself. Also called antigenic determinant.More example sentences
- On cell-surface glycoproteins, the epitope structure of TF antigen is linked to either serines or threonines.
- The loci of the known epitopes of the antibodies used are shown diagrammatically in Fig.1.
- In all the experiments on native titin, the molecule was attached to two beads, each labeled with an antibody to a different epitope.
1960s: from epi- 'upon' + Greek topos 'place'.
More definitions of epitopeDefinition of epitope in:
- The British & World English dictionary