Definition of epoxy in English:
noun (plural epoxies)(also epoxy resin)
An adhesive, plastic, paint, or other material made from a class of synthetic thermosetting polymers containing epoxide groups.
- They can be used on a variety of material including fiberglass, wood, plastic, epoxy, rubber, laminates, particle board, soft metal and ceramic tile.
- We use a material called epoxy to bind these girders.
- For anchoring bolts and other materials to masonry - including concrete, stone, brick, and other similar materials - epoxy is the best product.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
Consisting of or denoting epoxy: epoxy cement
More example sentences
- ICL started out in 1986, with just two employees, as a specialist manufacturer of resins and paint additives, mainly focusing on polyurethane and epoxy technology.
- Three fastening processes are used in photonics assembly: epoxy bonding, eutectic soldering, and laser welding.
- The chassis and body have been made entirely of laminated carbon fibre and epoxy composite, and the reported weight is 1180 kg.
verb (epoxies, epoxying, epoxied)[with object] Back to top
Glue (something) using epoxy resin.
- The tubing was epoxied to this chamber top.
- It's not exactly an item one has lying about, so Brezny took three feet of aluminum conduit, pressed it over the end of a Remington 870 barrel and epoxied it in place.
- Okay, you've got both skis mounted with the toe units, they're epoxied and the boot-heel center marks line up perfectly with those on your skis.
Words that rhyme with epoxyboxy, doxy, foxy, moxie, poxy, proxy
Definition of epoxy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan