- An equation showing the relationship between the values of the pressure, volume, and temperature of a quantity of a particular substance.More example sentences
- The equation of state is the relationship between pressure and density in the stuff.
- This new quantity is similar to the equation of state for a gas.
- An equation of state would tell, for example, the pressure given the temperature and density.
More definitions of equation of stateDefinition of equation of state in:
- The British & World English dictionary