- The difference between mean solar time (as shown by clocks) and apparent solar time (indicated by sundials), which varies with the time of year.More example sentences
- Fourier series numerical algorithms were used to compute solar declination and the equation of time.
- Put all this together, and you have what astronomers call the equation of time, which produces a similar effect around the winter solstice.
- You have to combine these two effects to get the true picture, producing a wobbly graph called the equation of time.
More definitions of equation of timeDefinition of equation of time in:
- The British & World English dictionary